Important course information.4
Review. This is optional - NOT required.4
Module 1: Introduction
Chapters 1 and 22
Module 2: General Nursing Management
Module 3: Musculoskeletal and Respiratory Systems
Chapters 4 and 53
Module 4: Circulatory and Hematologic Systems
Chapters 6 and 73
Module 5: Gastrointestinal System
Quarter Exam 1 (Mods 1-5)
This exam covers Modules 1-5.1
Module 6: Nervous System
Module 7: Endocrine and Genitourinary Systems
Chapters 10 and 113
Module 8: Integumentary System and Sensory Disorders
Chapters 12 and 133
Module 9: Pharmacology
Module 10: Physiologic Changes of Aging
Module 11: Pediatric
Quarter Exam 2 (Mods 6-11)
This exam covers Modules 6-11.1
Module 12: Psychosocial Aspects and LTC Continuum
Module 13: Communication
Module 14: Cognitive and Emotional Considerations
Quarter Exam 3 (Mods 12-14)1
Module 15: Specialty Practice Issues
Chapters 20 and 213
Module 16: Leadership and Management
Chapters 22, 23 and 242
Quarter Exam 4 (Mods 15-16)
This exam covers modules 15-16.1
Final Exam ( All Units)
This is a comprehensive exam that covers ALL chapters/modules in this course!1
Long Term Care Syllabus
Course Credits: 45 + Hours
- Eyles, Mary O. Mosby’s Review for Long Term Care Certification
This course will prepare the LP/VN to function with greater knowledge and confidence in all areas relating to long term care. This course focuses on the nursing process in common conditions seen in long term care environments. Topics covered include aging, communication, an overview of body systems, a comprehensive review of pharmacology, legal and ethical considerations as well as patient teaching.
- Utilize the nursing process effectively in the long term care environment.
- Discuss the LP/VN’s responsibilities as part of the interdisciplinary health team in the long term care environment.
- Analyze relevant State and Federal Legislation that impacts LP/VN’s and residents within the long term care arena.
- Report ways in which Nurses can maintain professional and legal accountability in the long term care environment.
- Teach residents pertinent facts and safe self-medication procedures as necessary.
Format of the Course:
The course is broken down into 16 modules covering related material. There are 1-3 chapters in each module.
Each Module contains a quiz worth 40% of your grade overall.
There are four quarter exams which cover multiple modules worth 30% of your grade overall.
There is one cumulative final exam which covers all material in the course worth 30% of your overall grade.
Course Evaluation & Grading:
This course is designed to prepare you for the NAPNES Long Term Care exam. After each assessment within the course, you will be given feedback regarding your progress. Use the following as your guide to gauge your readiness to take the actual certification exam.
Score – Interpretation and Gauge
- 90 – 100% – You are well-prepared for the actual certification exam.
- 80 – 89% – You are prepared for the exam but further review / study would guarantee success.
- 70 – 79% – You are minimally prepared for this exam. Further review / study is highly recommended to ensure your success on the certification exam.
- 60 – 69% – You are below minimally passing requirements. Significant further review / study is required to ensure success on the certification exam.
- 59% or less – Unacceptable work. Significant further review / study is required to ensure success on the certification exam.
This course is self-paced; however, we recommend completing it within 16 weeks or less. There is no specific time requirement for how many times you log in or how much time you spend in the course. However, the more time you spend in the course working through the materials and studying, the better you will do on the actual exam with NAPNES. We strongly recommend logging in at least 3 days per week. Take full advantage of this course!
Please be sure to take the NAPNES Long Term Care exam within a month of completing this course while the material is fresh in your mind!
Copyright Statement: This website and its content is copyright of NAPNES and Mid America Learning © 2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.