Nursing Assistant – Health Careers Basic Nursing
Nursing Assistant* Health Careers Basic Nursing
Take the first step in your nursing career, become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Use CNA-NursingPrep's online course to challenge the state exam in these states: Iowa, Florida, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Montana.* According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the median salary for CNA is $25,090 and the expected growth is 20%.
*This course is open to anyone, however, make sure your state will allow you to challenge the CNA exam.
Will allow individuals to challenge the examination if they have not had the usual training, but believe they can pass both the written and practical skills tests. Note: If an applicant fails to pass the examination in three attempts, the applicant is NOT eligible for reexamination unless the applicant completes an approved training program determined by the state of Iowa.
To become a certified nursing assistant in Florida
- Read the two privacy statements located on page 1 and 2 of the application.
- Complete all pages of the Florida Certified Nursing Assistant Application. The application form is also available online at www.prometric.com/NurseAide/fl.
- Complete the Florida Board of Nursing background screening—Page 5. Prepare for your exam, using the content outlines in this bulletin—Page 15.
- Take your exams at your scheduled exam location. Be sure to bring the necessary identification with you to the test center—Page 7.
- Once you have passed both parts of the CNA exam and completed all necessary paperwork, the Florida Board of Nursing will send you your certificate and you will be placed on the Florida CNA Registry—Page 13. View State of Florida Candidate Information Bulletin
- Florida will also allow individuals to challenge the examination if they have not had the usual training but believe they can pass both the written and practical skills tests. This option is only available to individuals who are at least 18 years of age and/ or in possession of a high school diploma. Note: If an applicant fails to pass the nursing assistant competency examination in three attempts, the applicant is not eligible for reexamination unless the applicant completes an approved training program.
Does have a test out option. At a minimum, an individual would need to take and pass both the written nursing assistant test and the skills test at an approved MN testing site. An individual has three tries to pass each test. www.health.state.mn.us/nar
Allows one opportunity to challenge and pass the state examination. If a candidate does not pass, they will be required to take an approved nurse aide training program. For information regarding challenging, please call Headmaster at 406-442-8656.
Allows individuals to challenge the nursing assistant examination. Candidates are allowed three attempts within six months of testing eligibility, tracked from completion of the first test attempt. If a candidate fails three attempts, written, skills or both, the candidate must complete an approved training program.
CNA Job Outlook
Overall employment of nursing assistants is projected to grow 11 percent from 2016 to 2026. This is faster than the average for all occupations. As the baby-boom population ages, nursing assistants will be needed to assist and care for elderly patients.
About this course
The first half of this course introduces students to the field of healthcare. This course introduces students to concepts that focus on facilitating basic healthcare skills to meet the needs of patients in various healthcare environments. Trends, health acts, and guidelines are also considered. Infection control information and skills; body mechanics; and communication with the healthcare team are presented as part of this course.
The second half of the course introduces students to concepts that focus on providing basic nursing skills to meet the needs of patients in various healthcare environments. The course covers the essential information and procedures that Nursing Assistants need to know and are required to be able to do in the nursing healthcare setting. The physiological, psychosocial, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs of patients in various healthcare environments are examined. Acute care, long term care, assisted living, and death and dying are presented as part of this course.
Dugan, Diana. Nursing Assisting: A Foundation In Care Giving, 4th Ed. Hartmann Publishing.
Workbook for Nursing Assisting: A Foundation In Care Giving, 4th Ed. Hartmann Publishing.
- Lectures 64
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level This course is open to anyone, however, please check with your state nursing board to see if your state allows you to challenge the state CNA exam.
- Students 101
- Assessments Yes
Nursing Assistant - Health Careers Basic Nursing Overview
module 1: Chapters 1 & 2
module 2: Chapters 3, 4 and 5
module 3: Chapter 6
module 4: Chapters 7 and 8
Quarter Exam 1 (CH 1 - 8)
module 5: Chapters 9 and 10
module 6: Chapter 11
module 7: Chapter 12
module 8: Chapter 13
Quarter Exam 2 (CH 9 - 13)
module 9: Chapter 14
module 10: Chapter 15
module 11: Chapters 16 and 17
module 12: Chapters 18 and 19
Quarter Exam 3 (CH 14 - 19)
module 12: Chapters 20 and 21
module 14: Chapter 22
module 15: Chapter 23, 24 & 25
module 15: Chapter 26, 27 & 28
Quarter Exam 4 (CH 20 - 28)
CNA Final Exam (CH 1 - 28)